Here, presented as I wrote them, are my thoughts and comments on each of the modules:
- Module 1 : Firestore Database
- Module 2 : The Learning App Enhanced with Firestore
- Module 3 : Firebase Authentication
- Module 4 : Learning App Enhanced With Firebase Auth
- Module 5 : Core Data
- Module 6 : Recipe App Enhanced With Core Data
We’ve covered a lot of ground and much of it still seems confusing. I get the concepts, but the problems come from how SwiftUI implements those concepts. Apple has a reputation for a user experience that “just works” but, when it comes to Swift UI that policy doesn’t seem to apply. The policy often feels like “why make it simple, we when can confuse the h*ll out of the coder”.
On the principle that, with practice comes understanding, I intend to use what (I hope) I’ve learned and start to create something practical. I expect to run into errors and hair-pulling a’plenty but, with luck, facing those problems will lead to enlightenment …
… or a bald head.